B0015 Buick Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Pretensione Module
- Left Pretensione Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Pretensione Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
B0015 Buick Tech NotesDTC B0015 01 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B0015 02 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B0015 04 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open Circuit
DTC B0015 0D LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0015 0E LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Below Threshold
B0015 Buick Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0015 Buick MeaningDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an inflatable restraint module. There are 2 shorting bars used within the module connector which will short together both high and low circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.