B0014 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Side Impact Module
- Left Side Impact Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Side Impact Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
B0014 CADILLAC Tech NotesDTC B0014 01 LF Side Deployment Loop Short to Battery-Seat Air Bag
DTC B0014 02 LF Side Deployment Loop Short to Ground-Seat Air Bag
DTC B0014 04 LF Side Deployment Loop Open Circuit-Seat Air Bag
DTC B0014 0D LF Side Deployment Loop Resistance Above-Seat Air Bag
DTC B0014 0E LF Side Deployment Loop Resistance Below-Seat Air Bag
Cost of diagnosing the B0014 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0014 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0014 CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0014 CADILLAC MeaningDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the side impact module. A shorting bar is located in the electrical connector of the side impact module. The side impact module high control circuit and low control circuit are shorted together by the shorting bar when the electrical connector is disconnect. The shorting bar help prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic test on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If the results of any deployment loop circuit test is below specifications the code B0014 and the appropriate symptom byte will set.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.