B0012 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Inflator Module
- Faulty Steering Wheel Module Coil
- Steering Wheel Inflator Module harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Inflator Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
B0012 CADILLAC Tech NotesDTC B0012 01 Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Stage 1 Short to Battery
DTC B0012 02 Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Stage 1 Short to Ground
DTC B0012 04 Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Stage 1 Open Circuit
DTC B0012 0D Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Stage 1 Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0012 0E Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Stage 1 Resistance Below Threshold
Cost of diagnosing the B0012 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0012 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0012 CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0012 CADILLAC MeaningIf a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored in non-volatile memory. During a frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the steering wheel module. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. There are 2 shorting bars used within each connector which will short together both steering wheel module stage 1 high circuit and steering wheel module stage 1 low circuit and both steering wheel module stage 2 high circuit and steering wheel module stage 2 low circuit when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.