B0003 Possible Causes
- Sophisticated Air Bag Sensor (SAS) Control Module Configuration Error
- Faulty Sophisticated Air Bag Sensor (SAS) Control Module
- Sophisticated Air Bag Sensor (SAS) Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Sophisticated Air Bag Sensor (SAS) Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B0003 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0003 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0003 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0003 MeaningThe Sophisticated Air Bag Sensor (SAS) Control Module sets the OBDII code when the configuration has not been set.
B0003 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0003 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0003 Information for specific makes
- B0003 MAZDA Driver Frontal Stage 3 Deployment Control
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.