B0002 MAZDA - Driver Side Air Bag Module
B0002 MAZDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Clock Spring
- Clock Spring harness is open or shorted
- Clock Spring circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Driver Air Bag Module
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor
How is the B0002 MAZDA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B0002 MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0002 MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0002 MAZDA MeaningThe Driver Air Bag Module is dual stage and is wired to the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor unit through the Clock Spring. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the Driver Air Bag Module including the Clock Spring. The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Driver Air Bag Module. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the Driver Air Bag Module is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0002 MAZDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0002 Mazda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.