B0001 MERCURY Code - Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control
|B0001 MERCURY code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Side Air Bag
- Driver Side Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
|How is the B0001 MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0001 MERCURY code tech notesB0001:11 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Ground
B0001:12 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Battery
B0001:13 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Open
B0001:1A Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0001 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0001 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the B0001 MERCURY code detected?If the Restraints Control Module detects a short between the driver air bag stage 1 circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Detected Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component.
|What are B0001 MERCURY code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0001 MERCURY code meaning?The Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.
|Need more information with the B0001 MERCURY code?Need more information on how to fix the B0001 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0001 MERCURY code?Get the B0001 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.