B0001 HONDA - Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag First Inflator
B0001 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Side Airbag
- Driver Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Clockspring
How is the B0001 HONDA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B0001-11: Short To Ground In The Driver side Airbag First Inflator
B0001-12: Short To Power In The Driver side Airbag First Inflator
B0001-13: Open Or Increased Resistance In The Driver side Airbag First Inflator
What is the cost to diagnose the B0001 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0001 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0001 HONDA MeaningThe Driver Side Airbag is located in the center of the steering wheel. The front passenger side airbag is located in the dashboard on the front passenger side. The airbag modules adopt dual inflators for the driver side and/or the front passenger side airbag according to the specifications. The dual inflators increase airbag effectiveness by properly adjusting the timing when the two inflators are ignited (together or sequentially) referring to the collision speed or collision impact.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0001 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0001 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.