B0001 Chrysler Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Driver Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Clockspring
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
B0001 Chrysler Tech NotesB0001-2B-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - WIRES SHORTED TOGETHER
B0001-11-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B0001-12-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B0001-13-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN
B0001 Chrysler Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0001 Chrysler MeaningWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the ORC (connected to neither power or ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. Use of the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) Load Tool Kit to test and substitutes a suspect squib with a known good component. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adaptor provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the ORC harness connector.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.