B0001 CHRYSLER Code - Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control
|B0001 CHRYSLER code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Driver Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Clockspring
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
|How is the B0001 CHRYSLER code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0001 CHRYSLER code tech notesB0001-2B-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - WIRES SHORTED TOGETHER
B0001-11-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B0001-12-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B0001-13-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 1 CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0001 CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0001 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0001 CHRYSLER code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0001 CHRYSLER code meaning?When powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the ORC (connected to neither power or ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. Use of the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) Load Tool Kit to test and substitutes a suspect squib with a known good component. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adaptor provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the ORC harness connector.
|Need more information with the B0001 CHRYSLER code?Need more information on how to fix the B0001 CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0001 CHRYSLER code?Get the B0001 Chrysler code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.