B0001 Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Side Air Bag
- Driver Side Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
First diagnose B0001 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0001 Tech NotesB0001:11 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Ground
B0001:12 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Battery
B0001:13 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Open
B0001:1A Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control: Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
Cost of diagnosing the B0001 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0001 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B0001 code detected?If the Restraints Control Module detects a short between the driver air bag stage 1 circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Detected Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component.
B0001 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0001 MeaningThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.
B0001 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0001 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0001 Information for specific makes
- B0001 ACURA Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag First Inflator
- B0001 CHRYSLER Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control
- B0001 DODGE Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control
- B0001 FORD Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control
- B0001 HONDA Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag First Inflator
- B0001 INFINITI Driver Air Bag Module
- B0001 JEEP Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control
- B0001 LINCOLN Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control
- B0001 MAZDA Driver Side Air Bag Module
- B0001 MERCURY Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control
- B0001 NISSAN Driver Air Bag Module
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.