P1105 NISSAN - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Switch Solenoid Valve
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure Switch Solenoid Valve
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Switch Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Switch Solenoid Valve sensor poor electrical circuit connector
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation
P1105 Nissan Description
The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's Engine Control Module (ECM). The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion. A fuel-injected engine may alternately use a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor to detect the intake airflow. A typical configuration employs one or the other, but seldom both.The MAP/BARO Switch solenoid valve switches it's air flow passage according to the voltage signal sent from the ECM.
In some Nissan vehicles the absolute pressure sensor is built into ECM.