P2716 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Electrical
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty line pressure solenoid valve 'D'
- Line pressure solenoid valve 'D' harness is open or shorted
- Line pressure solenoid valve 'D' circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
P2716 Information for specific makes
P2716 LEXUS Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Electrical Shift Solenoid Valve SLT
P2716 SCION Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Electrical Shift Solenoid Valve SLT
P2716 TOYOTA Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Electrical Shift Solenoid Valve SLT