P1131 MAZDA - Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank 1
- Vacuum leak affecting bank 1 only
- Fuel injector problem bank 1
- Check for cylinder misfire on bank 1
- Engine mechanical condition
- Faulty O2 sensor.
Though the Oxygen (O2) sensor, the Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a lean system, which means that there is either not enough fuel or and excessive amount of air in the system. Start by checking for vacuum leaks.
When is the code detected?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) detected bank 1 oxygen (O2) at its lean limit
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P1131 Mazda code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code