P1121 FORD - Throttle Position Sensor Inconsistent with Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Air leak between Mass Air Flow sensor and throttle body
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor
- Throttle Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Mass Air Flow sensor
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1121 Ford Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during key ON engine running self-test the comparison of the TP sensor and MAF sensor readings are not consistent with calibrated load values, the test fails and a diagnostic trouble code is stored in continuous memory.