P1004 CHRYSLER - Short Runner Valve Control Performance
- Faulty short runner valve assembly
- Short runner valve harness is open or shorted
- Short runner valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
2007 Chrysler Sebring
2007 Chrysler Pacifica
Chrysler Service Bulletin OBDII Code P1004
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1004 Chrysler Description
The Short Runner Valve (SRV) system is used to improve engine performance. The SRV system allows the intake charge air to bypass the long intake manifold runners between the intake manifold plenum and the intake manifold interface to the cylinder heads by providing a shorter runner directly between the plenum and the cylinder head interface The SRV position is controlled by a pneumatic/spring actuator and electronic solenoid valve. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the circuit feedback to calibrated closed range when the circuit is deenergized or to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized.