P0782 FORD - 2-3 Shift Error
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shifting solenoid valve
- Shifting solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Shifting solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission may not shift to the next gear
P0782 Ford Description
This P0782 code indicates that the 2-3 shift valve in the valve body is locked in the direction of the spring compression. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) controls the gearshifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF and switching oil pressure to the valves in the valve body. The TCM calculates the actual transmission gear by comparing the signals from the input speed sensor and the output speed sensor.