P0780 HONDA - Shift Control System Fault
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shifting solenoid valve
- Shifting solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Shifting solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0780 Honda Description
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the transmission mechanical shifting through various sensors. This malfunction is detected when the A/T does not shift as instructed by the TCM. This is not caused by electrical malfunction (circuits open or shorted) but by mechanical malfunction such as control valve sticking,improper solenoid valve operation, etc.