P0756 CHEVROLET - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance - No First or Second Gear
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve
- 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve harness or connectors
- 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
When the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects a 4-3-3-4 shift pattern, then DTC P0756 sets.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0756 Chevrolet Description
The 2-3 Shift Solenoid (SS) valve controls the fluid flow acting on the 2-3 shift valves. The 2-3 SS valve is a normally-open exhaust valve that is used with the 1-2 SS valve in order to allow four different shifting combinations.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0756 Chevrolet code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code