P0748 JEEP - Governor Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Low transmission fluid level
- Faulty governor pressure solenoid valve
- Governor pressure solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Governor pressure solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0748 Jeep Description
The Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).