P0741 TOYOTA - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Performance
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
2003 Toyota Echo Service Bulletin Code P0741
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0741 Toyota Description
The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module (ECM). Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. When the torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, the torque converter lockup clutch will engage creating a 1 to 1 RPM ratio between the transmission input shaft and the rotational speed of the torque converter.
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
P0741 Toyota Information for specific Toyota models
P0741 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0741 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0741 2009 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0741 2010 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0741 2011 TOYOTA CAMRY