P0722 VOLKSWAGEN - Output Speed Sensor No Signal
- Faulty Speed Sensor
- Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The output shaft speed sensor failed to provide a signal to the TCM upon initial movement of vehicle.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0722 Volkswagen Description
The speed sensor detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.