P0722 NISSAN - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Fault
- Faulty Revolution Sensor
- Revolution Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Revolution Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged EC
- Damaged Transmission Control Module (TCM)
On most Nissan vehicles, the vehicle speed sensor is called Revolution Sensor
When is the code detected?
The output shaft speed sensor failed to provide a signal to the TCM upon initial movement of vehicle.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0722 Nissan Description
The speed sensor (revolution sensor) detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.
P0722 Nissan Information for specific Nissan models
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0722 Nissan code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code