P0720 HONDA - Output Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit Fault
- Faulty Speed Sensor
- Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
Diagnostic trouble code is detected when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the proper voltage signal from the sensor.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0720 Honda Description
The speed sensor detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.
P0720 Honda Information for specific Honda models
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0720 Honda code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code