P0720 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA - Vehicle Speed Sensor
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty Revolution Sensor
- Revolution Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Revolution Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
The vehicle speed sensor is called Revolution Sensor on Nissan Altima vehicles. Usually replacing the sensor take care of the P0720 code.
When is the code detected?
Diagnostic trouble code is detected when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the proper voltage signal from the sensor.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0720 2002 Nissan Altima Description
The speed sensor (revolution sensor) detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.
2002 Nissan Altima Revolution Sensor Location