P0446 FORD - EVAP System Vent Control Circuit
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Vent control valve harness is open or shorted
- Vent control valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty vent control valve
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened.
P0446 1998 FORD F150
P0446 1999 FORD F150
P0446 2000 FORD F150
P0446 2001 FORD F150
P0446 2002 FORD F150
P0446 2003 FORD F150
P0446 2006 FORD FUSION
P0446 2007 FORD FUSION
P0446 2008 FORD FUSION
P0446 2009 FORD FUSION
P0446 2010 FORD FUSION
P0446 2011 FORD FUSION
P0446 2012 FORD FUSION
I have had this code (p0446) reoccurring on an 05 ford f-150 5.4 L to date I have replaced the gas...
09 Escape with code P0446. Replaced the purge valve and the canister vent solenoid. The light still ...
the code # PO446 is showing concerning my check engine light being on.How do I fix this?is it a repa...
I have a short circuit between the pcm and evap canister on a 08 Ford expedition. How can I correct?...
P0446 How to fix this error?...