P0440 DODGE - General EVAP System Failure
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
- EVAP system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
The Engine Control Module (ECM) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for the following conditions:
- Large and small leaks
- Excess vacuum
- Purge flow during non-commanded conditions
- Fuel Level and Fuel Pressure sensor faults
- EVAP Purge and Vent Valve faults
The ECM monitors the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in order to determine the level of vacuum/pressure in the EVAP system. The ECM commands both the EVAP Purge Solenoid and the EVAP Vent Valve ON when the conditions are met in order to apply an engine vacuum to the EVAP system. The ECM commands the EVAP Purge Solenoid OFF once the system has reached a predetermined level of vacuum. This test verifies if a vacuum can be achieved in the EVAP system. Failure to develop a vacuum may be caused by a large leak or a restriction.
Stalls out when slowing to stop or soon after stop. Only code is P0440. I have replaced gas cap and ...
I replaced there fuel cap but my engine light is still on. What should I be looking at now. The cod...
I have a 2004 Dodge truck. It surges and sometimes dies when you come to a stop. The trouble code is...
I already changed the gas cap &' it still has the check engine light . I don't know what else I coul...