P0401 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
- EGR passage clogged
- Faulty EGR Vacuum Modulator Valve
- Faulty EGR Valve
- Faulty EGR solenoid valve
- EGR solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Dead (Weak) battery
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
- Exhaust gas leaks
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0401 2001 Toyota Camry Description
Early Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems component s include and EGR Valve, and Engine Control Μodule (ECΜ) Controlled Vacuum Switch Valve or EGR Solenoid and an EGR Vacuum Μodulator. Depending on the engine and driving conditions, the ECΜ will control the EGR Solenoid which will operate the EGR Vacuum Μodulator to regulate the opening and closing of the EGR Valve.