P0335 SATURN - Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
- Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible lack/loss of Power
- Engine may stall while driving
P0335 Saturn Description
The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) works in conjunction with a 24X reluctor wheel mounted on the rear of the crankshaft. The CKP sensor has a B+ power supply, a ground, and a signal circuit. As the crankshaft rotates, the reluctor wheel teeth interrupt a magnetic field produced by a magnet within the sensor. The sensor's internal circuitry detects this and produces a signal which the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) reads. The PCM uses this signal to accurately measure crankshaft velocity which is a variable used in order to detect misfire, spark and, fueling.