P0328 SUBARU - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input - Bank 1 Or Single Sensor
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
The P0328 code means that the Knock Sensor is not working properly. Problems with the knock sensor
will not cause an engine performance problems. Replacing the knock sensor
usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Electronic Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P0328 Subaru Description
The knock sensor is attached to the cylinder block. It senses engine knocking using a piezoelectric element. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM).