P0327 CHEVROLET - Knock Sensor Circuit Low Input
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Powertrain Control System (PCM)
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P0327 Chevrolet Description
The Knock Sensor (KS) system monitors both knock sensors in order to determine if detonation is present. If the KS system determines that excessive knock (detonation) is present, the Powertrain Control System (PCM) retards the spark timing based on the signals from the KS system. When knock is present, the KS system voltage input signal to the PCM goes low. The PCM then retards timing until no knock is present.