P0320 KIA - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit
- Faulty Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor
- Faulty Crankshaft Position sensor
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor harness is open or shorted
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Low battery charge
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stall
P0320 Kia Description
Ignition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.