P0134 2010 HONDA ACCORD - Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction
- Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
When is the code detected?
2. When the A/F sensor heater does not reactivate within a fixed time after the heater became inactive (with high A/F sensor internal resistance) from active (with low A/F sensor internal resistance) though the heater is ON, a malfunction in the A/F sensor heater is detected, and a DTC is stored.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0134 2010 Honda Accord Description
The air/fuel ratio (A/F) sensor is activated by warming the element with the heater and by maintaining it at a steady high temperature to calculate accurate air/fuel (A/F) ratio. The A/F sensor does not become active when the element is not warmed enough due to a heater malfunction, etc., and the exhaust emissions deteriorate. The engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the A/F sensor active condition by the A/F sensor internal resistance.