P0133 CHEVROLET - HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0133 Chevrolet Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) continuously monitors the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity for 100 seconds. During the monitor period the PCM counts the number of times that the HO2S responds from rich to lean and from lean to rich and adds the amount of time it took to complete all transitions. With this information, the PCM can determine the average time for all transitions. If the average response time is too slow, a DTC sets.
The PCM determines the lean to rich transition when the HO2S voltage changes from less than 300 mV to greater than 600 mV. The PCM determines the rich to lean transition when the HO2S voltage changes from more than 600 mV to less than 300 mV. An HO2S that responds too slowly is most likely defective. Replace the HO2S.