P0128 MITSUBISHI - Coolant Thermostat Malfunction
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Low engine coolant level
- Insufficient warm up time
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
If cooling system is not leaking and the fluid level is OK, replacing the thermostat usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
The engine coolant temperature does not reach to specified temperature even though the engine has run long enough.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0128 Mitsubishi Description
Indicates that the thermostat monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature within a specified amount of time after starting the engine.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0128 Mitsubishi code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code