P0116 HYUNDAI - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance
- Low engine coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty engine coolant thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0116 Hyundai Description
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The modified signal returns to the ECM as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.
P0116 Hyundai Information for specific Hyundai models
P0116 2010 HYUNDAI GENESIS SEDAN
P0116 2011 HYUNDAI GENESIS SEDAN
P0116 2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS SEDAN
P0116 2013 HYUNDAI GENESIS SEDAN