P0089 GMC - Fuel Pressure 1 Control Performance
- Faulty fuel pressure sensor
- Fuel pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel pressure sensor electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
If the fuel rail pressure sensor indicates a pressure more than 20 MPa greater than desired, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0089 will set.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0089 Gmc Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) uses commanded fuel pump flow to determine a desired fuel rail pressure. The actual fuel pressure is monitored using the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0089 Gmc code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code