P0051 TOYOTA - Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Faulty Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open shorted to ground
- Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit fuse
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
2004 Toyota Sienna
2004 Toyota Sienna Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0051
2004 Toyota Highlander
2004 Toyota Highlander Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0051
2005-2007 Toyota Avalon
2008-2008 Toyota Camry
2005-2007 Toyota Avalon and 2007-2008 Toyota Camry Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0051
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0051 Toyota Description
Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 1200 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the air-fuel ratio sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the air-fuel ratio sensor. The ECM controls the air-fuel ratio sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
P0051 Toyota Information for specific Toyota models
P0051 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0051 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0051 2009 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0051 2010 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0051 2011 TOYOTA CAMRY