P0350 - Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary
- Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
The test fails when the Engine Control Module (ECM) does not receive a valid pulse signal from the ignition coil.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- Engine may be harder to start
- Engine hesitation
- Rough engine idle
The ignition signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM) is sent to and amplified by the power transistor. The power transistor turns ON and OFF the ignition coil primary circuit. This ON/OFF operation induces the proper high voltage in the coil secondary circuit.
P0350 Information for specific makes
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0350 code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0350 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks