P0220 - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit Malfunction
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Fault Electric Throttle Control Actuator (or Throttle Body Motor)
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
Electric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor (TPS), etc. The throttle position sensor responds to the throttle valve movement.
The throttle position sensor has the two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.
P0220 Information for specific makes
P0220 KIA Throttle Position Sensor / Pedal Position Sensor/Switch
P0220 LEXUS Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Wwitch 'B' Circuit
P0220 MERCEDES-BENZ Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit Malfunction
P0220 TOYOTA Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit